The parents association
The parents association represents all the students of the European School, regardless of their language section, category, religion, nationality,culture, mother tongue or disability
- Is comprised of volunteers who dedicate themselves to the school and all its students
- Works for the future of the school of Varese with its own initiatives with constant contacts with the school authorities, the European institutions, national and local authorities
- Is co-ordinated from its own elected council of parents (20 officers) who meet regularly to discuss the various problems and propose solutions to the school management
- Represents the voice of the parents of the Varese school via Interparents (the Association of all the European schools) to the Board of Governors of the European Schools
- Is a member on the Council of Administration of the European school of Varese
- Participates on the School Advisory Council and on the nursery-primary, secondary and mixed Educational Councils
- Retains connections with the Parents Associations of the other European Schools
- Maintains constant dialogue with the school management
- Alerts the school management to problems as they arise, and if requested will support and represent the cases of individual parents and children.
- Organises meetings with the class delegates to discuss problems, exchange ideas, for further discussion with the school management, with a view to actively seeking solutions
- Organises meetings with the national inspectors of the member states
- Has representation on the canteen management committee
- Co-operates with the students committee
- Organises, with the school, activities and social projects within the prevention work
- Organises the extra-curriculum (“parascolastiche”) activities (arts, music, sport)
- Organises the ski week, and the Saturday ski lessons
- Organises children’s parties Organises the second-hand book sale at the end of each academic year, and organises the purchase of new books through the appointed book agents
- Publishes informations (3-4 times a year by a Newsletter, 1 time a year by the Magazine) for its members, and manages its own website
- Financial supports to various activities (MEC, Eurosport, Students Committee, Library, prevention projects)
- Is always open to new proposals of improvement, and cooperation with new ideas.
The Parents association needs the active participation of all parents: help us to guarantee a good future for our children!